Monday, February 14, 2011

Still dealing with stomach virus~

Just to keep you informed, we are still dealing with the stomach virus noted in January's posting. A couple cases of strep have been confirmed and head lice in a couple of classes. I believe we have seen a couple of cases of Influenza (one that I know was confirmed via lab testing) the other I suspect.

Again, I cannot stress the need for reminding your children of good hand washing techniques and to not touch the T-zone areas of their faces. This is the #1 way for viruses to enter the body. (T-zone is eye, nose & mouth)

On a upside of things Spring is coming and with this I must ask that you continue to make certain your children are dressing appropriately. Jackets & hats are a must on most days for now. Until we are in mid 60's no one should be without outer wear.

Nurse Donna

No comments: